Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Should God Have Started Over Again


In the Beginning…...Many of you may know that Genesis starts off the bible covering the creation of Earth and the rise and fall of mankind. Did you know that the author of Genesis was Moses, the famous guy who introduced us to the Ten Commandments? Did you know that it may not have been to the first book ever written for the bible? Some say the book of Job, author not quite known, could have been written before Genesis..cool hey.

Genesis covers more history than any other book of the bible from the beginning of the earth to the creation of the twelve tribes of Israel. It is also a book of firsts, for example

• Records first marriage
• First family
• First marriage
• First birth
• First sin
• First murder, etc

Creation

Some may look at the first chapter of Genesis as a boring catalog of action sequences that resulted in the creation of the earth that we live in today, and the mankind that inhabits it. But let’s look outside of the box on this one. One thing I have come to believe in my heart…and I can only speak on my behalf…is that God is love. Let’s think about this. God loves us so much that he created us knowing that Adam and Eve would sin and we would turn out the way we are today.

God created mankind knowing we would evolve into a world that would question or even deny his very existence. He created us knowing that we would take this blessing we call life and destroy it with the filth you see today. He would later send his Son Jesus Christ to sacrifice his life for every human who has ever existed, so he could redeem us from the mistake our ancestry parents made.

Some might say..well that isn’t very loving at all, in fact that isn’t fair at all…do you know what I have been through. Why should we have to suffer, why should people have to starve, why should people experience genocides, prejudices, and poverty. Why would God create a society knowing how bad it would get?

Let me ask you a question for those of you who have children. I want you to think of how you felt when you first held your child, and how you felt watching them sleep. How did you feel when they first called you dada, or mama…or that feeling you had when you came home from work and saw the joy and excitement in their faces as you walked through the door, or the sound of their first laugh.

Now imagine if someone sat down and said your child could grow up to murder many people, or grow up and become a rapist, and gave you the choice to end their life at that very moment. They look you in the eye’s and say don’t worry you can just try again. Would you terminate your child’s life or would you do everything you could to raise that child to the best of your ability, trying to instill every good moral you could as a parent. In reality it’s the truth, your child could grow up to become a cruel or evil human, one never knows. I don’t think Hitler, or Bundy looked any different as a baby then me or you and I don’t think their parents thought they would grow up to become the adults they did.

Let’s take a look at your story. What have you done with the life your parents blessed you with? Some reading this may have committed some outlandish acts to humanity. Does that mean your life should have been terminated before you had a chance to redeem yourself? I know people who have murdered, been addicted to drugs and did some pretty offal things to get those drugs. I know people who have molested others in their past. The difference is they have done very extraordinary things to change their lives, seek help and give back to humanity. They are what I consider assets to our society, and many of these individuals had back stories that lead them down those dark paths they rose from.


In God’s eye’s we are all his children…literally, and he knew not all of his children on this earth would grow up and turn into bad seeds. He loves us so much that instead of cheating and starting over or creating a human race of robots that would adhere to his every command and never have the freedom to choose what path they would like to go on, he created us with free will. The ability to make any choice we desire whether it goes against his desire or not. The ability to make a choice that could lead to your suffering or cause suffering the others…other children of god. All while he watches on in agony like any father would.

Would you have children knowing their fate? Would you have a child knowing he / she would grow up to become a drug addict and end up overdosing wasting the very life you gave them? Would you give birth to a child if you knew they would grow up to become a murder? God did, because he loves everyone unconditionally no matter what their stories are, or what skeletons you have in the closet.

The truth is everyone on this earth has the opportunity to follow God, and he put his bible on this Earth for all to read. He makes promises that he will always be with those who sincerely seek him. I can tell you that this last year that I have tried my hardest to apply what I have read in the bible and it has been one of the best years in my last 29. Many people think if you live according to the bible your life will be so boring, I beg to differ. I decided to live life outside of a club and bar this last year, and that alone has helped me enjoy life and to see more of this earth then I ever have.

I had more opportunities to see family and friends, and to travel throughout Wisconsin to parts I have never seen before. I have had more opportunities to show love to my fellow neighbors by sacrificing time to help those who truly need it. I have had more opportunites to see the good in humanity in a time where watching the news almost causing one to seek counseling. I thank you for joining me today as we looked into Genesis Chapter one, “The Beginning” and apologize for my length. I promise the story gets better as we look into chapter two and learn how Adam and Eve’s one act of disobedience affected our very DNA and created the world we have today.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment