Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great Another Religious Blog



I know what you’re thinking, oh great another boring, bible beating, trying to convert me, pushing your views onto mine blog. I can promise you I come in peace but I do have a purpose as to why I am creating this blog, and we’ll get to that soon. I have been around the church life in some way shape or form my whole life, and have experienced three different religions (all in Christianity). I never really made God or religion a part of me and to me church was just a routine I had to go through while I was in the care of my Grandparents.

As soon as I moved out at 17 I never really set foot into another church for a long time. Not that I didn’t believe in God, I just didn’t see the value of going to church or practicing a religion in that chapter of my life. I will omit though, that I always had a void in my heart for God and started to miss him as I got older.
It wasn’t until I was 28 that I would really come to see God and the bible in a different way, and that’s why I’ve decided to create a blog about my bible reading adventures.

I have never seen God with such clarity in my life. In this last year I had the opportunity to read the New Testament from Matthew to Revelation and it changed my way of looking at God and the way I would choose to live my life. Over the summer I decided to get a little more active in my church and community and had an opportunity to talk to a lot of people about their thoughts on God and the bible.

I found that more people have been hurt in the name of Jesus than anything else. I also found that man made religion has taken the bible and destroyed its fundamental meaning and worth. Paul an author of over ¾ of the New Testament states that we should all be like one body under Christ, working together unified as one fluid entity. Sadly religion has removed that love and uniformity from the equation. Today we have Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists, Pentecostals, Jehovah’s Witness, Mormon’s, and many more who all read out of the bible and worship the same God but have no love for one another. Every religion has created its own set of creeds and moral laws from the bible and interpreted it in their own ways.

Each believes they are the true religion and that all others are false, but all base their theory off the very same scriptures their counter parts read as well. Because of this the bible and God have become obscure unknown creatures to this world, and their value has been reduced or erased. As a result individuals have lost their zeal for the bible and have formed many negative views about God and who he really is. Many ask, if God were real why would he allow such suffering, violence, and why would he let this earth turn into the decaying ball of chaos it has become.

Good question and believe it or not the bible tells us why, and this is something we will touch on soon. In reality most people base their religious beliefs off of what they hear on the podium, or what they hear from friends and family. Statistics show almost more than ¾ of you reading this have never read the bible and that statistic gets higher for the amount who have read the bible in its entirety.


This blog is designed for those who fall into any of these categories. Consider this my bible journal and you are free to follow along. Each day I will go over what I read, and write a discussion about it. I will also add on some side articles that cover some of my ministry experiences which I think many of you will be able to relate to. I promise to try to keep it lively and I encourage you to join along. I am reading out of the “Life in the Spirit Study Bible” It’s a NIV version published by Zondervan. It was edited by Donald C Stamps and John Wesley Adam’s. They are the two that narrate the study notes as you read along. You can find one on Amazon.com for about $35-$50, http://www.amazon.com/NIV-Life-Spirit-Study-Bible/dp/0310922429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263590573&sr=8-1.

My next Blog will e one Genesis chapter 1-3. I hope you enjoy my future blogs and I pray it helps put the bible in a whole new view for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment