Sunday, November 28, 2010

Taking A Little Time Out To Say Thank You



We have been looking at some interesting subjects the last couple of blogs. I thought it would be nice to take a break and talk about something different . As we sit back this wonderful holiday season most will be meeting with family, filling our stomachs to capacity, and using up the rest of our vacation days for the year. Some will be sweating as they crack open their wallets fighting the crowds this Black Friday. This past weekend we as a nation had the privilege to put work aside, and celebrate our wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. This has been a hard, hard year for a lot of you reading this. Jobs have been lost, finances have dwindled, health issues have seemed to pop up like weeds, and life in general this year has just seemed ridicules for a lot of people I have had the opportunity walk with. Because of this, I have so many reasons to be thankful to God.


Life has gotten a lot rougher in these last couple of months for me and my family, but as I sit back this holiday I have learned to see God in my hardships and this is where I find myself the most thankful. I praise god because of how he has chosen to bless me with life. Everyday I wake I thank him that he choose to create me. I thank him for giving me a life without disability. Some times we take it for granted that we can walk, talk, smell, eat, move, play, breath, see, and have such freedom physically. I encourage you as you live life throughout this next week to look for those who had the use of their legs, arms, eyes, or speech taken away. I couldn’t imagine how hard life would be with the loss of just one of my senses.

I thank God for the wonderful wife he has blessed me with. Over this last year I have walked with some of friends as they ended their marriages. It is so hard to watch people who were once so in love with one another become bitter enemies. I thank God everyday for blessing me with a sole mate that is so self sacrificing, loving, and fits me so perfect like a glove handmade for my body. I thank God for blessing me with a women who would turn into the mother of my children, a women who lives to love all others above herself. Every day I wake, I roll over and see one of God greatest creations….an angel he decided to place in my household.

I thank God for finding me worthy enough to raise a child in his name. I think at times we take for granted how easy it is to bring a child into this world. Some times I don’t feel worthy enough when I have to watch some of my closest friends trying so hard to have children with no success, and my prayers go out to them. I feel their pain as child baring is so hard for my wife and I. There is no greater feeling in this world then walking through your door after a hard days work and hearing this little voice scream out “DADA with so much joy and excitement. I thank God for a child who is healthy. There are so many families this holiday who had to spend it in a hospital watching there children suffer, not knowing how much longer they would have them in this world. Just the thought of my little boy experiencing this almost brings me to tears. Praise be to God for the healthy little boy I get to put to sleep every night.

I thank god for bring my Mom and two sisters to him and watching them grow in their love for him. My greatest burden in life is for those who haven’t had the opportunity to meet the big guy up stairs. I was raised in a religion that was very blinding to what God is truly about, and these teachings were imbedded in the hearts of my mother and sisters. As this year progressed I watched my two sisters break free from these false doctrines and give there hearts to God. Then I watched my Mom stand up, walk down the isle, and open her heart up to God. It means so much to me to have my family, but having my family with me professing their faith in God is worth more then all the wealth and power of this world.
Lastly, I am thankful that God ripped me out of this world and re-opened my heart for him. I have done so much against him throughout my life, and he choose to forgive me with no strings attached. He gave his son’s life so that I could clean out my closet and it’s skeletons. I thank him for putting his word back in my heart, and showing me how to be a better father, husband, brother, son, and friend. Through out this last year I feel I’ve grown more then ever before, and learned to lean on God unconditionally in faith and obedience. I have learned it doesn’t matter what life throws at you, with God in your life there isn’t a wall you can’t overcome.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Holiday. I encourage you to take some alone time this weekend and give God some one on one time and let him know how much you appreciate him. He loves you. God bless. Stay tuned we have some of the most important blogs of this year coming up. Blogs that will hopefully change some lives.

1 comment:

  1. you have learned a great lesson for the lord is there all the time as a good friend, talk with buddy, and has great answers to your daily life..just ask him. our free SPREAD THE WORD TALK WITH THE LORD program will send you free our cool song lyrics g.hubbard p.o. box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete