Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dear God

I’m sitting here tonight after a wonderful Sunday filled with some good quality time together, and I find myself wanting more. God I must admit I often find myself wondering if I have made you proud since your creation of me 30 years ago, or have I taken this life for granted. I wish I could go back to my first taste of freedom at 18 years of age and start off life in service to you, instead of concentrating on my own desires and needs, I would of chosen a different route, a life of pure service to your kingdom and to your will. It’s hard now that I am married with family, college, and a full time job to see how I can create such a lifestyle today, but I know with your guidance nothing is impossible.

As I sit back on my couch writing this I can’t help but to think of some of my friends and family who haven’t had the privilege of learning about you, or live their lives as if you really don’t exist. If only I could lay a figure on their hearts and give them a taste of what it feels like to have you in their life. God, I often fear loosing my family and those I care about so much to our adversary, and hate how he has blinded so many in this world. It almost feels as if your name has disappeared from our households, when not to long ago you were a name at the dinner table where families would pray together, and churches were packed. It hurts to see you disappearing from our nations moral system as a thing of the past., a fad, and old school way of thinking.

It breaks my heart to see so many children, so young, that are starting so early in life to fall into the snares that I would only see teenagers struggle with later in life. Hearing about 12 year olds who are ready having multiple sex partners, or already experimenting with drugs and alcohol. What blows my mind is how open parents are to promoting these lifestyles to their children with no fear of the outcome. My hear is filled with fear to see how our youth will grow up to raise their children. So many parents refuse to live by the higher standard required of us to lead our family, by example, to make sure our youth grows up better then we choose to. I guess I can’t blame our youth when they are surrounded 24/7 by sex, drugs, and the promotion of rebelling found in everything from their music, clothes, to their television shows. I remember the days when we had culture, and at least public TV used to ban cursing, nudity, and vile drug use. The days of leave it to beaver are dead.

God, our society needs you in the worse way, America needs you,. I pray God that you never give up on us and beg that you never turn you back from us even though we deserve it to the umpteenth level. Where did we go wrong God? Why have we turned out so vile as a nation? I pray for our family structures God because with out it this nation is doomed. You know what really hurts God, watching so man of your Christian followers sit back and choose to do nothing more then claim a title, go to church, and maybe attend some extra church activities. I must admit I am not really any better then most, but I try God….I try to find ways to help others see you for who you are.

This world would look so much different if more and more Christians choose to follow your sons words of loving their neighbor like themselves. What would this world look like if half of the Christians on this planet decided to gather together and serve their communities like Christ served his. I don’t think our nation would look like it does today, and I believe more people would understand how much you truly love us if we showed people more. I promise you God that my family and I will live life with our eyes looking to bless others instead of waiting for you to bring the people to us.

I miss my family God and hate that we have been separated in your name, it’s almost an oxymoron. It has been almost a decade since I last hugged my grandmother, or heard one of my grandfathers funny jokes. I pray that before my grandparents die I will be able to enjoy one last meal with them. It’s sad because the man they raised and saw walking down a life riddled with chaos, is so different today and I owe it all to you God. I thank you for opening my eye’s and heart to you and never giving up on me, even though at times I gave up on you. It’s because of your love and forgiveness in my life that I find it hard to hate those who at times deserve that place in my heart. How could I ever come to you and pray for your mercy if I refuse to live by your example.

At times I find myself yearning for the return of your Son, but at the same time there are so many whose names haven’t been inked in the book of life yet, and the thought of any going to Hell is unimaginable. I will say though, I can’t wait for the day I wake up to an Earth rid of sin and imperfection, a world where your name is worshipped in every house, a world where suffering is a forgotten subject, a world that never understands what it means to feel hungry or fear for your safety. It is almost unfathomable to picture a world of equality and peace, where everyone loves one another and murder, sickness, and morning are never heard again. To live in a world where doctors would be out of a job, and jails don’t exist. I can only sit back and dream, and I also know I may not be able to change the world on my own, but I can choose to sit back and do nothing. I promise I will never choose to nothing again God. Thank you for letting me ramble to you God and I will talk to you tomorrow.













No comments:

Post a Comment